Saturday, April 27, 2013

If Only...

If Only...
There are words  that I speak or hear spoken by others in my life that sometimes really strike a chord.
These words will at the times strike an emotional response. Today was one of those times.
Someone expressed the words, "if only...". out of regret of not having followed through on an action.
It is sad when we have the power to change the circumstances of others for the better and we just sit back and let things happen. I feel that every person was created to bring change to others.
When a person leaves me to move on to something different in life or in death, I sometimes wonder is there anything I could have done or said that would have made the difference between acquaintance and friendship. Was there a small or great impression made on my life or theirs from our knowing each other.

If it was a love affair that ended whether abruptly or over the course of time, did I make a difference? If a person's life took a downward spiral, or perhaps their health began to fail. Is their something that I could have said or done to make a difference. It is not like leaving the milk out and forgetting to put it back in the refrigerator. It is more like, could I have stopped a person's fate or doom by holding them in a place of safety until the storm passes over. Its like being an angel and saying something that will turn that person's life totally around and for the better. Am I making this world a better place?

I personally don't want too many "if only's".

We need to learn how to tell others what they mean to us. Now!

We need to learn how to reach out to one another. Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment