Wednesday, April 17, 2013

That's' Not Love, That's Insanity

I read somewhere that love is the closest thing to insanity. for some, I think this is so true.

Someone said:

I will kill myself if I can't have you. (I remember my former pastor saying there isn't that much love in the whole wide world.)

If I can't have you, I don't want nobody else. I won't allow you to be with another. You belong to me!

You are going to love me even if I have to make you. Why do you persist on trying to be with someone else when you are mine?

You have to beat her to keep her.

Treat him bad and he will always stay with you.

Half of a man is better than no man at all..

He or she has gotta to pay for a woman/man like me.


I don't have to do all that, I'm married now .

That's was done in courting.
There are so many facets to love as there are so many facets to insanity. People grapple with what they think love is everyday.

The bible says (The Message Translation)

Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Doesn't have a swelled head, Doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, Doesn't revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end. Love never dies.

Anything outside of these things is not love.
The definition of insanity is to keep doing something the same way and expecting to get different results. It is insane to believe that your way is better than God's word. It is also insane to trust the word of others over the words of scripture.
Abundantly clear how you should treat your mate is the way God designed you to by prayer and adherence to Gods plan.

Many times people have been hurt by others will tell you things they think that you should do to avoid hurt. Yet many times upon following their advice, some find themselves in predicaments of hurt again.
 The way people just let advice just roll off of their lips as if what they are saying is just a matter of fact. Also, these persons that give you this advice will do just the opposite of what they tell you. Some advise from wise counsel is good, it is good to know their motive. I once, had a person counseling me who was receiving information from another. Counseling is best left up to the pastors or professionals who have no stake in your relationship, other than to see it setup on the right premise, and to see it grow and prosper. And the fly-by- night counsel, is best left alone.
Love is ordained by God, and marriage is ordained by God. Insanity and such are a product of the enemy of God.

Be wise and learn the ways of love that will build an enduring relationship and marriage from those who love their mates and are living successfully in love with their partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment